- Presently employed by the Trenton Board of Education as a teacher under contract, preferred, not required.
- In the absence of an in-district candidate, the district will interview candidates with a minimum of a substitute certificate.
- Knowledge, background in, and ability to teach the particular sport/activity.
- Experience in coaching the particular/sport activity.
- Serves as the coach for the particular sporting activity.
- Provides instruction or assists with giving instructions in the locker room on the day of the contest.
- Ensures that students meet all eligibility requirements of both the NJSIAA, state and board of education.
- Monitors the student participants academic and school discipline records; ensuring that students who are failing or are suspended do not participate in the contest of the day.
- Provides motivational activities to ensure that students not only reach their athletic potential, but also their academic potential as well.
- Responsible for ensuring that all insurance, health forms, equipment requirements are met.