The purpose of this position is to instruct freshman boys soccer in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the students shall receive soccer instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline, sportsmanship and service to others.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- CPR certification.
- Previous successful soccer coaching experience.
- Ability to organize and supervise the freshman soccer program.
- Commitment to professional growth.
- Ability to accept responsibilities outside the team as they relate to the school and community.
- Ability to handle multitude of varying and complex issues.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with school and MIAA policies and regulations.
- Complies with school and Conference/League policies and regulations.
- Complies with up to date district COVID-19 school/athletic modifications.
- Works cooperatively with the school staff.
- Relates positively to parents and other community representatives.
- Completes required records and reports with promptness and accuracy.
- Assumes responsibility for care of equipment and facilities.
- Assumes responsibility for a safe environment for student athletes.
- Models positive behaviors, especially with regard to sportsmanship and the alcohol, tobacco and drug rules.
- Delegates staff assignments to assistant coaches.