Under the direct supervision of the building Activities and Athletics Director and in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the East Lansing Public School District, the Freshman Girls Basketball Coach is responsible for overseeing the organization, implementation, and evaluation of the high school interscholastic basketball program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises all matters relative to basketball.
- Schedules practice sessions according to facility and equipment requirements.
- Arranges for necessary transportation.
- Governs player conduct and follows established rules.
- Supervises, in cooperation with assistants, all practices, games and tournaments.
- Supervises and coordinates assistant coaches as to their duties and responsibilities.
- Holds responsibility for the use, care and inventory of all equipment used (including uniforms).
- Submits to Activities/Athletic Director list of ineligible players weekly.
- Submits to Activities/Athletic Director list of award winners and varsity letter recipients.
- Attends all meetings required by the Michigan High School Athletic Association and C.A.A.C..
- Abides by the rules and regulations established by the Michigan High School Athletic Association and enforces the East Lansing athletic code.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of the rules and rule changes in basketball.
- High school coaching experience required.
- Basketball philosophy, basketball strategy, drills, bio mechanics and first aid skills are required.
- Prefer B.A. degree.
- Teaching and motivational skills are necessary.