To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline, and self-confidence.
- To share and teach information and experience in all fundamentals.
- Be knowledgeable in and teach safety precautions when teaching the fundamentals of the sport.
- Communicate your expectations to your coaching staff, your athletes, and their parents.
- Create an atmosphere that will challenge the athlete with obtainable goals and create positive memories.
- Develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with athletes, parents, school employees and the community.
- Refer to the Harper Creek Athletic Handbook for further, detailed, head coaching responsibilities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport is desirable.
- Has knowledge and background in the sport.