It is the primary responsibility of the Assistant Flag Football Coach to teach and guide high school students on the team. This is to include selection and tryouts, practice and skill development, and league play representing Capital Christian School and its mission statement. The regular season runs August-October depending on section/state finals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Select a team to represent CCS in league play.
- Monitor student behavior and discipline as necessary.
- Evaluate student progress.
- Plan practices.
- Counsel students as required.
- Attend all games/meets and ride the bus with your team.
- Teach skills, provide drills, and supervise the development of the team through Christ-centered principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Two years' experience playing or coaching sports.
- Formal coaching training at college or high school level.
- Knowledge of the sport and its rules and regulations.