The Girls Assistant Lacrosse Coach is responsible for coaching student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for interscholastic girls lacrosse competitions. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
- Assesses player’s skills and assigns team positions.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually and in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Determines game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of decorum and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times. Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Conferences with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the athletic performance of their student.
- Follows state, regional, and district regulations governing the athletic program.
Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills, a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.