- State of Ohio Teacher’s Certificate (preferred, not required).
- Coaching and administrative abilities.
- Obtain Pupil Activity Supervision Validation & CPR Certification.
- Ability to relate to and inspire young athletes.
- Knowledge of the care of and prevention of athletic injuries.
- Organizational skills/resources to enhance the program.
- Skill in oral presentations.
- Able to get along with other coaches.
- Desire to invest time during season.
- Assist in developing players for the varsity team with direction from head coach.
- Responsible to the head coach. Shall carry out the program and recommendations established by the head coach. Under no circumstances shall a coach initiate policies or procedures which are inconsistent with the recommendations of the head coach.
- Proper attire shall be worn during practice and games.
- Responsible for the collection of appropriate physical cards, emergency medical authorization forms and code of conduct for all players.
- Use the offensive and defensive philosophy as provided by the head coach.
- Carry required emergency forms for all players, scorekeepers and managers for all practices and games.
- Responsible for the distribution and collection of all equipment.