- Incorporates and promotes a positive environment that promotes self-esteem, high values, and life-long learning in participants.
- Interacts with staff, students, parents, media and public in a positive and appropriate manner.
- Plans lessons and practices to provide a reasonable progression of activities appropriate to the maturity and condition of the participants.
- Maintains past practice plans and other applicable documents on file.
- Monitors pre- and post-practices, games, and all trips.
- Ensures the safety of the practice and game field and facilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain effective professional relationships with staff, students, parents, media and public.
- Ability to maintain student confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain regular and acceptable attendance levels.
- Skill in the use of technology to enhance instruction and communication.
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Skill, dedication, and aptitude for working with students.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stand on feet for extended periods of time, stoop, bend, lift and carry items up to 40 pounds.