Algonquin Middle School is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the role of Girls Basketball Coach with a strong knowledge of Basketball and a focus on student-athletic achievement. Must be able to coach at all levels within the program, able to coach various areas within the program, organized, flexible, able to take direction from the head coach and/or direct supervisor, and able to work and communicate with parents and the Booster Club.
- Basketball coaching experience is preferred. Must be able to coach at all levels within the program, able to coach various areas within the program, organized, flexible, able to take direction from the head coach and/or direct supervisor, and able to work with parents and the Booster Club.
- Enhance, improve, and maximize students’ athletic skills required to compete at a high level.
- In the off-season, make time for strength and speed training. Must be able to assist in fundraising, organization, and other tasks as directed by the head coach in order to ensure we maintain accurate records of equipment.
- Organizes and oversees specific program levels or areas of responsibility.
- Communicates with the Head Coach and/or Athletic Director to secure facilities to ensure a safe practice/competition environment for students.
- Supports the philosophy, programmatic instruction of sequential fundamentals, and proper conditioning communicated by the head coach.
- Communicates and plan with the head coach practice sessions and competition strategies to ensure the health and physical well-being of the student participants.
- Coordinates with the head coach and Athletic Director all in-season practices.