- Promote sports in the schools and community;
- Plan the assigned athletic program;
- Organize and supervise practices;
- Teach individual fundamental skills, team play, team strategy and rules and regulations of the game;
- Teach good sportsmanship and self-control;
- Check eligibility of participants, including insurance coverage and parent consent;
- Provide students a proper role model, emotional support, patience, a friendly attitude and general guidance;
- Conduct learning experiences, with small groups of student athletes;
- Recommend the purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms as appropriate for the health, safety and welfare of student athletes.
- Fundamentals of various sports;
- Health and safety regulations;
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Assist coaches on one or more sports;
- Understand and follow oral and written directions;
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.