The Basketball head coach will be responsible for the development, coaching, organization, and management of the basketball team. They will create strategies for the team, instruct the players, and provide mentorship. They will also cultivate a competitive, inclusive, and positive experience for the Gordon student-athletes.
- Coordinate a robust daily practice plan that includes developing specific skill sets and winning strategies.
- Promote a team culture committed to good sportsmanship, relationship building and integrity.
- Coordinate/schedule team practices and supervision during practice, games and team travel.
- Assist the athletic department with issuing and collecting equipment and uniforms.
- Coordinate and communicate with players and families through email.
- Knowledge of current Basketball rules and regulations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students and parents.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Be available for all games and practices and have the ability to travel regionally and work evenings and weekends as needed.
Gordon School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.