- Appropriate certification through the Arkansas Department of Education and Arkansas Activities Association/NFHS Coaches.
- Successful experience as a varsity head coach or coordinator is desired.
ESSENTIAL COACHING FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate and evaluate all aspects of assigned program for grades 7-12.
- Display loyalty to the principal, athletic director and the Athletic Department.
- Collaborate with Athletic Director to supervise and evaluate all assistant coaches in assigned program.
- Provide mentoring to assistant coaches for professional growth.
- Assist administration in recruiting and interviewing assistant coaches.
- Develop respect by modeling positive behaviors through appearance, manners, language, and conduct.
- Coordinate the instruction of all players in the program regarding the rules, safe use of equipment, and proper techniques to be used in the sport.
- Monitor the academic performance of team members.
- Maintain open and honest communication with students, parents, coaches, and administration.
- Support and collaborate with staff in other athletic and academic programs to encourage students to participate in a variety of activities.