Under the direction of the Athletic Director and the Division Head, the Head Girls Beach Volleyball coach provides leadership and direction to help mold the beach volleyball program while adhering to Milken Community School rules and regulations.
- Provides overall leadership for the Milken Community School girls beach volleyball program and perform all services thereof as scheduled and/or directed by the Athletic Director.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises.
- Works with the Athletic Director to develop a regular practice schedule and organize practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Assesses players skills and monitors players during competition and practice.
- Determines game strategy to ensure success in competition.
- Supervises athletes during practices and competition.
- Bachelors degree and at least three years of head volleyball coaching experience.
- Experience with student programs in a high school setting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the specified sports program.