The Assistant Coach is responsible for helping the head coach with organizing the program at the assigned school.
- Develops a transformational coaching statement which is clearly communicated to staff, team members, and parents.
- Assists the head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models sportsmanship-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- IHSAA required coaching classes.
- Preference given to GCS employees.