To organize, coordinate, and promote a comprehensive program in Golf that is designed to meet the needs and interests of the St. Croix Preparatory community. To provide effective leadership that will ensure a positive learning environment and will stress the importance of academic achievement, leadership and character. To demonstrate a high degree of ethics, professionalism, human relations and be a positive role model for all students.
GENERAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Comply with the rules and regulations of the St. Croix Preparatory Academy and the Minnesota State High School League.
2. Prepare reports, inventory and recommendations for equipment as directed by the Athletics Director.
3. Plan, organize, and implement the teaching of fundamentals, strategies, rules, and proper conditioning in the assigned sport/program.
4. Provide an atmosphere conducive to good sportsmanship; compile and maintain accurate individual and team performance records; participate in the awards program(s) according to school procedure.
5. Ensure that adequate supervision is provided for all students involved in the program; provide for the safety of participants by inspecting facilities and equipment and being aware of environmental conditions.
6. Issue, collect, inventory, and store equipment consistent with department guidelines.
7. Instruct participants in safety procedures and in the need to report injuries to the coach and/or trainer immediately; implement appropriate procedures for handling injury situations; ensure the availability of a properly supplied first aid kit and emergency care cards at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. In-depth knowledge and experience in Golf.
2. Previous coaching experience in Golf preferred.
3. First Aid Certified.
4. Complete all requirements for Certification for Coaching through the Minnesota State High School League within one year of hire.