To enable each student an opportunity to learn the skills needed to effectively and safely participate in extra-curricular activities.
- Plans the assigned athletic program
- Organizes and supervises practices
- Teaches individual fundamental skills, team play, team strategy and rules and regulations of the game.
- Teaches the elements of good sportsmanship and self-control that displays professionalism. Respects the integrity and judgment of sports officials.
- Checks eligibility of participants, including insurance coverage and parent consent.
- Provides students a proper role model, emotional support, patience, a friendly attitude and general guidance.
- Conducts learning experiences, with small groups of student athletes.
- Recommends the purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms as appropriate for the health, safety and welfare of student athletes.
- Fundamentals of various sports.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Assist coaches on one or more sports.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.