Under direction of the Athletic Director, the Coach is responsible to develop and sustain a program for students to achieve a high level of skill in applicable sport fitness, and the development of an appreciations for discipline, hard work, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coach individual participants in mechanics and skills necessary for achievement in competitive high school applicable sport.
- Coordinate and supervise a regular schedule of practice.
- Encourage sportsmanship and team unity and enforce all sportsmanship guidelines.
- Enforce discipline of contest, school, conference and state rules and regulations.
- Supervise assistant coaches and enhance the professional development (if applicable).
- Oversee the safety conditions and accountability issues involving students and facilities located both on ASD.
- Experience coaching/participating in applicable sport at the high school or collegiate level.
- Prior coaching experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of NFHS applicable sport Rules, DIAA Rules and Regulations, Blue Hen Conference Regulations, and ASD Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of basic First Aid / Athletic Training Practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, teachers, coaches and community using the APPROVED.