To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success while at the same time helping the athlete to achieve an increased level of self-esteem, an appreciation for the values of sportsmanship and discipline.
- Valid Connecticut coaching certification.
- Updated first aid/CPR training approved by Connecticut State Department of Education.
- Completion of Module 15 – Concussion Management
- Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Has substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport.
- Responsible for developing their schedules for all levels of play.
- Communicates all schedule changes to the athletic director or administrative assistant.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment storage areas.
- Assist in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sport events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times.
- Makes recommendations for awards, and is responsible for clarification of the award policy to athletes.
- Is responsible for completing the duties listed on the “coaches checklist”.
- Participates in the budgeting process with the athletic director by establishing requirements for the next season. Is responsible for explaining equipment guidelines as to type, color, style, or technical specifications. Is responsible for operating within the established budget.