Under the supervision of the East Grand Rapids High School Athletic Director, the junior varsity lacrosse coach is responsible for the EGRHS girls junior varsity lacrosse program. The coach will develop individual and team skills and continue to build upon the “Tradition of Excellence” of the East Grand Rapids athletic program. The coach should have prior successful lacrosse coaching experience and be able to holistically develop the individual player as well as the team.
- Ability to plan and implement practices that build fundamental skills, and demonstrate an ability to adapt practices and drills to fit the differing levels of ability of student athletes and teams.
- Ability to encourage student athletes to participate in lacrosse, and advocate for continued growth of the program throughout the community.
- Willingness and commitment to include equity, social justice, and inclusion in all practices.
- Ability to work cooperatively with strength and conditioning coaches to implement in season training programs.
- Ability to provide input and assist the athletic director in scheduling contests.
- Ability to provide direct supervision of student athletes under their care.
- Ability to be responsible for the inventory and storage of equipment and the care of facilities.
- Ability to adhere to the processes and procedures as outlined in the East Grand Rapids Coaches handbook.
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D).
- Successful lacrosse coaching experience or college coaching/playing experience (preferred).
- Flexible time commitment.
- Knowledge of MHSAA rules and regulations.
- CPR/AED certification.
- First aid knowledge (preferred).