To provide students an opportunity to participate in a competitive setting that will foster physical skills, teamwork, a sense of worth and competence, a knowledge and understanding of the pleasures associated with the specific sport and the principles of fair play. Competitive athletic programs will also foster school spirit in a positive manner.
- Instruct players in the fundamentals, the rules of the game, proper training techniques and safety procedures.
- Design and supervise all practices and games.
- Working with the entire lacrosse program including middle school, junior varsity and varsity programs.
- Promote good human relations within student body, parents, faculty, and community.
- Promote a high academic standard and assist with academic support for student athletes.
- Help plan pre-season and post-season conditioning programs.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
- Willingness to take leadership role to promote high ideals of sportsmanship, appropriate student athlete behavior, a healthy lifestyle, and to serve as a positive role model for the student athletes.
- Ability to sit and talk and hear.
- Ability to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and move quickly when necessary to promote student learning and/or safety.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push items of 50 lbs such as pushing children in a wheelchair or moving/rearranging furniture.