- Ability to promote school spirit and good sportsmanship; maintain team discipline; and generate enthusiasm within the team.
- Work with Athletic Director to ensure that student-athletes meet all eligibility requirements.
- Assist Athletic Director in scheduling of interscholastic contests.
- Collaborate with same-season coaching staff to schedule facility and other related activities.
- Hold a valid CPR / First Aid / AED certification or be willing to become certified.
- Successfully completed the MIAA Coaches Education course.
- Successfully completed the NFHS concussion certification class and ability to adhere to all school and state concussion policies.
- Perform other related duties as determined by the Athletic Director and/or Principal.
- Comply with all District policies and procedures as outlined in Coaches’ Handbook.
Newburyport Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.