- Implement the coaching strategies outlined in the 11-day Academy Camps Girls Lacrosse Program to support athletes in achieving their goals.
- Mentor camper athletes to foster athletic, emotional, and social growth.
- Apply basic youth development principles in working with campers and staff through communication, relationship development, respect for diversity, involvement, and empowerment of youth.
- Support the Girls Lacrosse Coaching Team to complete the Girls Lacrosse Camper Athlete Evaluation for every Girls Lacrosse athlete.
- Assist in the planning of, and participate as a member of the camp team to deliver and supervise evening programs, special events, and other all-camp activities and camp functions.
- Actively participate in all staff training & meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 3+ years experience coaching, required, and with certifications, preferred.
- Experience working with youth in sports or educational programs.
- An excellent relationship builder - quick to connect, build trust, and rapport.
- A goal-oriented coach - motivated to help our athletes achieve their goals.
- A creative problem-solver - with an empathetic approach to customer service, team management, and ability to ask for help when needed.
- A growth mindset - an orientation towards learning and development; willing to receive and implement feedback and learn from mistakes.