Under the direct supervision of the building Activities and Athletics Director and in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the East Lansing Public School District, the Girls Lacrosse Head Coach is responsible for overseeing the organization, implementation, and evaluation of the high school interscholastic Lacrosse program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises all matters relative to Lacrosse.
- Schedules practice sessions, and facility requirements.
- Arranges necessary transportation.
- Governs player conduct and follows established rules.
- Supervises, in cooperation with assistants, all practices, games and tournaments.
- Supervises and coordinates with assistant coaches as to their duties and responsibilities.
- Submits to Athletic Director list of ineligible players.
- Reports all injuries to the Athletic Director or Athletic Trainer and ensures proper medical treatment has been received.
- Holds responsibility for teaching athletes proper respect for other coaches, teams, and official decisions.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School coaching experience required.
- Knowledge of the rules and rule changes in Lacrosse.
- Prefer B.A degree.
- Lacrosse philosophy, Lacrosse Strategy, drills and first aid skills are required.