- To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
- Ensure and provide the safest possible competitive & educational environment for all student-athletes involved.
- Assist in the overall development of the Scarborough High School Lacrosse program as assigned by
the Varsity Head Coach and the Department of Athletics.
- Previous experience playing and/or coaching lacrosse at the high school level or higher
- First Aid & CPR certification.
- Maine Department of Education valid fingerprinting and CHRC approval.
- NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching Principles Certification.
- NFHS Heat Illness Prevention Certification
- NFHS Concussion in Sport Certification.
- NFHS Sudden Cardiac Arrest Certification.
- NFHS Protecting Students from Abuse.
- Other certification and trainings may be deemed necessary by the Department, Board or
Maine Principals Association.