Statement of Duties:
- Promotes by example, Loyalty, leadership, dedication, integrity, physical fitness, sportsmanship, cooperation and personal responsibility.
- Implements codes of conduct for coaches, players, and parents of the HHS Lacrosse team.
- Ability to work the expected hours to include arriving prior to the student athlete’s arrival and departure times.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of game and competition rules and has the ability to educate all coaches and student-athletes to share in that understanding, including the rules of the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA).
- Develops appropriate training programs and practice sessions.
- Ensures the proper cleaning, storage and maintenance of all athletic equipment and uniforms are adhered to in conjunction with the Athletic Director.
- Travels with student athletes on the team bus both to and from games.
- Demonstrates knowledge of strategies and rules of lacrosse.
- Proven ability to advocate the importance of education and school community.
- Successful previous experience as a lacrosse player or coach.
- Lacrosse coaching experience - preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License - required.
- First Aid/CPR - required.
- MIAA Coaches Certification - preferred.
Haverhill Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.