The Athletic Coach is responsible for meeting the needs, and improving the abilities, of student athletes in the sport assigned. Manages and supervises athletic activities, and practice sessions to promote individual/team growth in athletic skills, teamwork, and good sportsmanship.
Expectations of the Role:
- Practice will be held after school at a minimum of two times per week between Monday and Friday, 3:00 to 5:00pm.
- During this two hour window, you will be responsible for hosting a minimum of a 30-minute study hall for our athletes.
- Every effort is made to meet deadlines and arrive to and from games on time.
- Communication with families, our Athletic Director and school personnel for the purpose of clear and consistent messaging around our basketball program is necessary for a successful season.
- Working closely with the nurse and the school to ensure health and academic eligibility is a must. This includes all paperwork being signed and up to date, and having updated emergency contacts and health information on all players.
- You are responsible for your student athletes including seeing them off campus at the end of practices and games. Should you need additional help, support or have questions, your direct contact is the Athletic Director.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Ability to handle emergency situations involving students.
- Experience in coaching and knowledge of the fundamentals, tactics and strategies of coaching.