At Westborough High School we take great pride in being a caring and comprehensive high school. We believe that the purpose of educating adolescents is to encourage a love for learning, foster growth and development of all, and instill high standards of conduct. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong commitment to student success both in athletics and the classroom.
- Candidates should have a passion for working with students, families/caregivers, and colleagues.
- Candidates must be flexible and collaborative.
- Candidates must demonstrate a belief in a growth mindset for students as well as for self.
- Successful completion of Criminal Records Check (C.O.R.I.), Sexual Offender Record Check (S.O.R.I.), and fingerprints.
- Uses sound and acceptable coaching techniques in all phases of the program.
- Organizes safe and effective practice sessions.
- Develops and delegates specific job tasks for assistant(s).
- Establishes a working rapport with, and is directory responsible to, the Athletic Director/Principal.
- Adheres to all district and school policies regarding the athletics department.
- Models good sportsmanship and enforces respectful behavior among players at all times.
- Communicates personal and program expectations to the team and individual players.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards and enthusiasm for the coaching assignment.
- Models personal growth by looking for opportunities for self improvement.