ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend all tryouts, practice meetings, and in-school events, and supervise students during related field trips and other out-of-school functions.
- Organize practice schedules and game rosters.
- Assign positions to players, and develop strategies and styles of play.
- Attend out-of-school meetings, supervise fundraisers, and help students prepare for competitions.
- Coach individual participants of varying abilities in the skills necessary for achievement in softball.
- Track student performance throughout the season and develop stat sheets on players.
- Arrange with the athletics and activities director for any necessary transportation, scheduling, coordinating of officials, or other arrangements for competitions related to the sport.
- Ensure the safety of the students and maintain responsibility for the security of equipment and facilities and ensure that safety equipment is used correctly.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Idaho Teaching Certification, American Sport Education Program Certification, or National Federation of Interscholastic Coaches Association Certification strongly preferred.
- Certification or willingness to obtain certification in first aid and CPR required.
Nampa School District #131 is an equal opportunity employer/educator with an alcohol, drug and tobacco free environment, and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons.