Lakeside School, an independent 5-12 coeducational day school located in North Seattle is currently recruiting for an Assistant Girls Swim Coach. The season is scheduled to begin Monday, August 21, 2023 and concludes in November 11, 2023. Required orientation meetings will occur on Monday, August 14, 3:30-7:30 pm.
- Compliance with all Lakeside School, Metro League, and WIAA policies and procedures.
- Commitment to providing supports, messaging, actions, and opportunities to a diverse student body who come to school with different and evolving lived experiences and levels of preparation as athletes.
- Supervision and instruction of student-athletes during team activities.
- Maintenance and inventory of team equipment and apparel.
- Attendance at required program and interscholastic athletics program meetings.
- Support of multi-sport participation for student-athletes.
- Promotion of balanced achievement in all areas of school life for student-athletes.
- At least 25 years of age, with a clean driving record.
- Availability for all practices and competitions from 3 pm daily during their coaching season with availability on weekends as required.
- Experience coaching swimming at the club, middle school, high school or college level.
- Demonstrated cultural awareness, including knowledge of themselves and the cultural lenses they bring to interactions. Candidates will understand different perspectives, interact respectfully with cultures other than their own, and cultivate meaningful relationships with people who have different cultural frameworks.
- Possess or obtain prior to the start of the season current First Aid/CPR/Lifeguard certification.
- Satisfactorily complete three criminal background checks.