DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in promoting the general welfare of the team and help student athletes achieve both team and personal goals.
- Assist in promoting philosophies and theologies of the head coach.
- Assist in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training and competition in order to properly prepare for week-to-week opponents.
- Assist in directing all aspect, areas and components of the football team (i.e. defense, offense, and various individual positions.
- Assist in coordinating strategic aspects of the program.
- Represent program at various in and out of school events, programs, and responsibilities; including but not limited to fund raising, student activities groups, parents, and general public.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of their particular sport.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of NJSIAA guidelines and regulations.
- Ability to lead and guide high school athletes.
- Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.