The Tennis coach is responsible for oversight of the Tennis program and administering the sport in a manner that is consistent with the policies and procedures of the Bedford County Public Schools and Liberty High School. The ideal candidate will have an appropriate combination of education, training, and experience working with students.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of the tennis program.
- Organize and coordinate all team functions, including practices, competitive schedules, travel, and fundraising.
- Supervise and evaluate assistant tennis coaches.
- Successfully recruit student athletes for tennis.
- Manage and document student athletes’ academic and athletic progress.
- Provide advising support functions, including following up on academic at-risk reports.
- Develop conditioning and practice programs to ensure student athletes are appropriately prepared and adhere to all safety protocols and directives from training staff and other medical providers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, able to positively and proactively assimilate change in a rapid growth environment.
- Communication – effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Critical Thinking & Judgement - able to make well-reasoned, sensible, and timely decisions based on careful, objective review and informed analysis of available information, considerations, and other factors.
- Customer Service – ability to respond promptly and courteously to all questions from athletes, faculty, parents and community.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.