DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide athletes with team goals, standards of performance and code of conduct.
- Promoting the general welfare of the team and help student athletes achieve both team and personal goals.
- Interview and hire and evaluate qualified individuals that will best fit the Nutley program.
- Delegate proper authority to all staff members making sure they understand their role and job description.
- Organize, prepare, and conduct individual and team practices, training and competition in order to properly prepare for week-to-week opponents.
- Direct all aspect, areas and components of the their program (i.e. defense, offense, and various individual positions).
- Coordinating all strategic aspects of the program.
- Represent program at various in and out of school events, programs, and responsibilities. Including but not limited to fundraising, student activities groups, parents, media, public relations.
- Manage daily operations of their program, as well as direct, supervise and coordinate all administrative aspects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of their sport.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of college recruitment methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of NJSIAA guidelines and regulations.
- Ability to lead and guide high school athletes in area of specialty.
- Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to make administrative /procedural decisions and judgments.
- Srong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.