The job of Extra Duty - Head Coach - High School is done for the purpose/s of designing and implementing a program activities in accordance with applicable rules and regulations related to the sport; overseeing assistant coaches, student managers, and /or volunteers; providing supervision of student athletes during all aspects of the program; using sound instructional techniques in overseeing program activities; serving as a positive role model to student athletes; and serving as the liaison between the school and program and other schools both within and/or outside the district, the community and various organizations.
- Analyzes and assesses opposition's strategies and strengths/weaknesses for game/event prior to and/or during athletic events as appropriate for the purpose of developing game plan/approach.
- Assesses student athletes for the purpose of providing feedback to students on his/her individual performance and/or determining team placement.
- Attends a variety of meetings, workshops, conferences, etc. for the purpose of receiving and conveying information.
- Attends a variety of supporting activities (e.g. parent orientations, recognition events, banquets, etc.) for the purpose of providing information regarding the program and/or recognizing participants' accomplishments.
- Develops a plan of action for fundraising and budgeting for the purpose of maintaining and balancing activity accounts.
- Develops game strategies/plans for the purpose of preparing the team and individual student athletes for the competition.
- Develops team and individual practice regimes (e.g. strength, speed, agility, nutritional, injury prevention, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing and improving student athletes performance.
- Bachelor's degree in job-related area.
- Completion of 60 or more college credits plus served as an assistant coach for a minimum of two years.
- Missouri State Teaching Certificate or Completion of NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching Course.
- CPR/AED Training.