- Coach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Maintain accurate records of squad lists, injury reports, scores of games (report to athletic office and newspapers as requested), incident reports, and physical examinations.
- Be available during the entire school year to lend assistance in guidance and counseling to his/her squad members; i.e. scholastic achievement, college entrance, citizenship.
- Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms as appropriate.
- Responsible for determining the athletes academic eligibility.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility of area in which the assigned sport is played at all times that students are present.
- Make regular check of the safety of all equipment.
- Enforce discipline and encourage sportsmanship like behavior at all times. These standards are those set down by the headmaster and head coach.
- Previous tennis experience is desirable.
- Previous tennis experience in either high school, college or both is desirable.
- Knowledge of tennis and its rules, and ability to instruct players in all facets of the sport.
- Evidence of ability to get along with pupils, parents, colleagues and other citizens.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college preferred.
- Must have proof of MIAA coaching certification. If not currently MIAA coaching certified, must obtain within two years of hire.
Beverly Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, homelessness, age and /or disability, pregnancy, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability and any other class or characteristic protected by law.