The High School Track Coach will be expected to extend himself/herself beyond track and field, and be a mentor and a role model in addition to an outstanding tactician on the field. In short, the coach must be an official representative of the school for interscholastic athletic activities.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of two seasons track and field coaching experience, preferred.
- Served as a member of a track and field team on the high school level, college level is preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational, leadership, and analytical skills.
- Open to new coaching techniques and feedback on progress.
- Available for track and field conditioning during the summer if deemed necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the development and implementation of the track and field program, duties to include leadership and personal involvement in daily coaching activities and long-term planning.
- Keep abreast of the rules, strategies, safety precautions, and skills of track and field and communicate them to players, parents and the public.
- Assist in communicating model policies for athletes’ conduct and language in the locker room, at practice, during travel, during competition, and at other appropriate times.
- Develop fair, unprejudiced relationships with all team members.
- Provide the highest degree of attention to athletes’ physical well being.
- Teach players strict adherence to game rules and contest regulations.