To carry out the goals and objectives of the Carmel High School Athletic Department, Carmel High School, Carmel Clay Schools, and the IHSAA.
- Have a thorough understanding of the policies, rules, regulations and philosophies of the administration, athletic department, school corporation, IHSAA, and the National Federation. Support and enforce said policies, rules, regulations and philosophies in spirit as well as practice.
- Be aware of and attend meetings appropriate to the sport and job responsibilities. These meetings include but are not limited to rule interpretation meetings, athletic department meetings, awards banquets and programs, scholar athlete presentations, workshops and clinics, select school board meetings, meetings of feeder programs, etc.
- Understand the administrative chain of command and work through the proper channels when making requests or voicing concerns or grievances.
- Work to stay abreast of new innovations in the sport. Maintain a sound philosophy and practical approach to working with student athletes. Constantly seek to improve as a coach.
- Assist head coach in checking eligibility of athletes.
- Assist head coach in the development of the schedule.
- Assist the head coach in the necessary preparation to conduct practices, competitions and special events (IE: conference or IHSAA tournaments).
- Forbid participation to anyone without a completed current physical and parental consent form.
- Assist the head coach in the development of an emergency plan for your sport and assist in conducting a yearly risk management audit of facilities and equipment.
- Work with other staff members and coaches outside your sport in resolving conflicts with other school activities.