- Emotional stability.
- Ability and willingness to serve as role model for students.
- Knowledge of and ability to teach the theory and practice of the sport within the abilities of secondary school-age students.
- Emphasis on team play, obedience to rules, good sportsmanship, and knowledge of the sport.
- Consideration for other sports activities in the school.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other members of the coaching staff and with school administrators.
- Abide by the rules of the school as specified in the student handbook, the MIAA, the PVIAC, the MVADA, and the rules of the sport.
- Be present from the first tryout day until the last day of the season; with team participation (practices or competition) at a minimum of five days a week.
- Supervise your teams at all times.
- Collect all uniforms and equipment from their athletes at the end of each season.
- Maintain a fair, unprejudiced relationship with the athletes and have their physical and mental welfare in consideration at all times.
Westfield Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.