Performance Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reports to the Head Coach, Athletic Director and/or Headmaster as appropriate.
- Plan and schedule a regular program of sports practice and interscholastic contests as prescribed by the Athletic Department.
- Institute the established fundamental philosophy, skill, and technique training appropriate for student-athletes participating in the particular sport.
- Have knowledge of existing local, league, and state sports regulations and oversee the consistent implementation of such using proper administrative channels.
- Maintain and provide, as assigned, all appropriate documentation and record keeping to fulfill system and/or state requirements including, but not limited to, individual physical examinations, interscholastic registration/permission/medical forms, equipment/uniform inventories and the like.
- Monitor the well-being of players and safeguard school facilities and property in which the assigned sport is conducted; this includes supervision of players at practices, games, while on transportation vehicles and until all players are known to have departed for their homes.
- Oversee and monitor the appropriate and respectful use of all school facilities, sports equipment, and school property inclusive of general cleanliness and the security of such at all time that student-athletes are present.
- Employment as a teacher in the system is preferred but not required.
- Successful previous experience as a player or coach, preferably in the assigned sport.
- Must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects and procedures pertinent to the particular sport including rules of Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA).
- A proven ability to work in a polite and friendly manner with various constituencies: i.e., students, teachers, parents, administrators and the community or public.
- Availability to meet practice and contest schedule as necessary.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the School District may find appropriate and acceptable.
It is the policy of the Braintree High School not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or sexual orientation in its educational policies as required by Title VI, Title IX, Section 504 and Chapter 622.