The Girls Varsity Basketball Assistant Coach must assume a major role in supporting the vision and direction of the program’s Head Coach in fostering cooperation and positive teamwork, exhibiting outstanding sportsmanship and fan involvement at games and special events, and most importantly, assume a major role in assisting the development of our youth as future leaders.
- Care for the entire program, and will support all aspects of the program, including, but not limited to, the safety and inventory of athletic equipment.
- Communicate with the Head Coach concerning any incidents which come up in regards to student-athletes or parental concerns.
- Supports the maintaining and upholding of the highest standards of student-athlete scholarship. Promoting academics before athletics by assisting with monitoring academic performance and enforcing eligibility.
- Supports the Head Coach in upholding the highest standards of student-athlete sportsmanship and behavior in competition, in the classroom, and in the community.
- Supports the Head Coach in generating an active sports You for internal team communication and communication with families.
- Supports the maintaining and updating of records for student-athlete registration and physicals/medical clearances in conjunction with the Athletic Office and Nurses Office.
- Supports the Head Coach in creating an environment where all student-athletes are given the opportunity to compete in the sport while promoting growth and sportsmanship.
- Knowledge of the sport and experience in coaching the skills, techniques, and fundamentals of the sport.
- Certified in CPR/Defib.
- Ability to work effectively with teachers, support staff, and parents and advocate for children in order to effectively problem solve.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills and ability to work with all stakeholders.
- Belief in the commitment to increasing personal growth, both academic and social-emotional, to obtain the highest level of achievement for every student.