The Head Girls Basketball Coach at York Country Day School is responsible for planning and directing the conditioning, training, and performance of our student athletes, for our basketball program.
This position reports to the Director of Athletics. This head coaching position and all of the duties of the position must be conducted in adherence with the policies, rules, and regulations of York Country Day School and the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA). This position directs a staff of Assistant Coaches leading the team and its performance. The head coach, with Director of Athletics, is responsible for overseeing the entire girls basketball program, including Junior Varsity.
The following list provides examples of the most typical duties for our Head Boys Basketball Coach at York Country Day School.
- Direct Assistant Coaches in the overall planning and execution of the basketball program.
- Monitor and maintain the discipline and conduct of student athletes to support the image and reputation of the athletics program.
- Plan coaching and practice sessions.
- Coach team members individually and in groups, and demonstrate game techniques.
- Develop and implement game strategy and position assignments.
- Oversee the strength and conditioning programs for student athletes.
- Ensure adherence to all PIAA and York Country Day School rules and regulations/policies.
- Be a mentor, both in basketball and life.
- Build positive relationships with all members of the York Country Day School community, including students, faculty, administration, parents and alumni.
- Build a program that's goal is to give our students an experience that they will take with them for the rest of their lives.
Experienced AAU and High School varsity basketball coach preferred, but not required.
Experienced Varsity basketball coach preferred, but not required.
York College of Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For a copy of York College's Annual Security Report, you may contact the Office of Campus Safety or visit the website: Annual Security Report
Interested candidates should electronically submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. For full consideration, applications should be received by May 21, 2019.