Oak Park School District and Department of Athletics are committed to a culture of high expectations, sportsmanship and providing meaningful opportunities for all students-athletes to excel in the classroom and on the playing fields, using best practices and a relentless focus on the whole child.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the game of basketball and MHSSA rules.
- CPR/AED Certification.
- Concussion Training.
- Completed Coaches Advanced Program (CAP) Level I & II.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Athletic Director for all matters relating to the organization, administration and philosophy of the sport under his/her direction.
- Lead the Varsity girls basketball program.
- Serves in a leadership capacity to the community program.
- Assist each student in achieving a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Adheres to the Coaches MHSAA Guidebook and TCAP Handbook
- Acts as a positive role model on and off the court at all times.
- Coach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Maintains competency in rules, event procedures, coaching techniques and general information about all aspects of the sport.
- Works cooperatively with all coaches, Athletic Director and students to ensure a healthy, positive sports activities.