- Develop a comprehensive basketball program for all grades K-12.
- Manage and evaluate equipment and inventory needs.
- Understand and be responsible for purchase orders related to the basketball program.
- Monitor and enforce district academic standards and policies.
- Practice and promote positive interaction with and among student-athletes, the school and community.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to implement effective coaching theory, strategies, and techniques appropriate for high school student-athletes.
- Experience in coaching required.
- Experience in coaching basketball preferred.
- Substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of high school basketball in both practice drills and play strategies preferred.
- Ability to organize and supervise a total sports program with the willingness to connect and direct program from youth to high school.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude under stress.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Monona Grove School District is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from diverse, bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates. MGSD does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age.