- Previous interscholastic high school and/or youth soccer coaching experience.
- Appropriate C.P.R. and Pupil Activity Certification prior to beginning of season.
- Strong knowledge of soccer skills, fundamentals, rules, etc.
- Must be willing to commit to evening and weekend practices and events as dictated by the athletic season schedule.
- Develop and implement the Girls Soccer program within the rules and regulations of the Akron Public Schools and the Ohio High School Athletic Association.
- Assist with the development and coordination of the season schedule.
- Develop conditioning and training programs; implement safety measures as necessary and related to the soccer program.
- Organize and manage practice sessions, etc. ensure safety of student athletes at all times;
- Management of selected coaching staff, ensuring that assigned personnel adhere to guidelines and regulations that pertain to the athletic program;
- Assists with monitoring student athlete academic progress; conduct study tables, study sessions, etc. as needed.
- Monitor eligibility of student athletes involved in the soccer program;
- Assist student athletes with college recruitment and scholarship opportunities as applicable.
Akron Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, military status, ancestry or genetic information (collectively, "Protected Classes").