Generally responsible for providing leadership, coordination and innovation in the area of the sport, so that each student-athlete may derive maximum benefit. This shall be performed in close cooperation with the Director of Athletics and building principal. Striving for victory in each contest and working toward maximum potential are the goals of a varsity team. The head coach is encouraged to attend clinics, workshops and courses to keep abreast of new sport concepts, rules, techniques and regulations. Other responsibilities as designated by the athletic director and/or building administration. All positions are subject to enrollment counts.
- Fingerprint clearance from NYS Department of Education (NYSED).
- Current First Aid Certification.
- Current CPR/AED Certification.
- Current Concussion Training Certification.
- Physical Education Certification or Coaching Certification in the sport applying for.
- Valid New York State Teaching Certification.
- Previous successful experience in a public school setting.