The Bush School athletic program works within the rules of the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA) and the Emerald Sound Conference to provide athletic opportunities and competition for students of all gender identities. While most sports are offered separately for boys and girls, the Athletic Department staff is committed to working collaboratively with each participant to determine options that best suit each student-athlete’s journey.
- Identifying, developing, and applying age and developmentally appropriate coaching methods.
- Developing and implement practice plans and routines.
- Communicating team and program related information to assistant coaches, athletes and parents/guardians effectively and promptly.
- Communicate with athletic department staff effectively and promptly.
- Attend meetings and trainings scheduled by the Athletic Director.
Successful candidates will have:
- Expert knowledge of given sport.
- Coaching experience and certification preferred.
- Capacity and desire to seek out and participate in ongoing professional development.
- Ability and willingness to be a team player.
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Satisfactory criminal background check that meets school standards.
- Safe driving record that meets school standards.
- Ability to work and connect with people.