Shady Side Academy is seeking applicants for their Girls Varsity Track and Field Head Coach position. This position reports to the Director of Athletics, oversees the girls’ track and field coaching staff, and directly supervises the student athletes. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the capacity to coach track and field in support of Shady Side Academy's mission, which is to challenge students to think expansively, act ethically and lead responsibly. Additionally, the successful candidate will model Shady Side’s Guiding Principles: Honesty, Kindness, Responsibility, Respect and Safety. These principles not only guide Shady Side’s daily activities and interactions, but they also point to the larger, more encompassing ideals and behaviors of integrity, thoughtfulness, and compassion integral to all endeavors at Shady Side.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the Shady Side Academy Athletic Department to plan, organize, implement, and follow upon an extensive athletic program management plan for the Girls Varsity Track and Field program.
- Coordinate athletic planning, program development and assessment that focus on student-athlete’s performances, personal and leadership development.
- Prepare student-athletes for competition.
- Develop, recommend, and implement specific training/conditioning programs and skills development programs.
- Maintain standards of team behavior and regard for team rules and expectations.
- Ensure adherence to rules, regulations, and policies of all governing bodies (Shady Side Academy, WPIAL, PIAA).
- Work in coordination with the Director of Athletics, assistant coaches, athletic trainers, and athletics staff to support and achieve overall goals established by the athletics department.
- Work with other students, faculty, and staff to support the retention of student-athletes and promote teamwork, set high standards, support the academic, personal and leadership development of its students.