To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self discipline, self confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student athletes.
- Holds a valid Coaching Authorization or endorsement from the Iowa BOEE.
- Has the ability to organize and supervise a wrestling program.
- The head coach should have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field. Keep updated on current strength and conditioning research and attend appropriate training.
- Effectively and properly motivate students and athletes to achieve maximum potential in all areas of performance and the head coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through his/her instructions and actions.
- Perform other duties and special projects as it pertains to the recruitment and sustain a 7-12 girls wrestling program.
- Assist in the hiring of highly qualified assistant coaches to assist in leading the HS and MS programs
- Develop Girls Wrestling staff by providing opportunities to lead, collaborating with staff to implement best practices and by evaluating performance of assistant coaches.
- Delegates specific duties, supervises implementation and, at season's end, analyzes staff effectiveness and evaluates all assistants.
- Maintains discipline, adjusts grievances and works to increase morale and cooperation.
- Completes paperwork on all disabling athletic injuries on proper forms and submits to the athletic office within 24 hours.
- Stays in regular contact with the MS/HS Activities Director and keeps both updated and informed on a regular basis.
- Attends all Activities Department meetings.