Instructs athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary to realize a degree of individual and team success while receiving instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
- Implements assigned sports program following policies and regulations approved by the Board of Education.
- Interprets and implements rules and regulations of the school, league, New Mexico
- Refers requests or grievances to Athletic Director, Principal or other appropriate authority.
- Establishes philosophies, skills and techniques to be learned by staff.
- Designs conferences, clinics and staff meetings to insure staff awareness of overall program.
- Trains and informs staff, encourages professional growth by encouraging clinic attendance according to local clinic policy.
- Delegates specific duties, supervises implementation analyzes program effectiveness.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and coordinate the work of others.
Ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
Previous successful coaching or competitive experience.