The Golf Coach/Athletic Fundraiser is responsible for planning, organizing, and coaching the College’s golf team and to oversee all fundraising activities for the athletics programs as well as assist with general recruitment for the college.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaches varsity golf.
- Evaluates and recruits top caliber student athletes and maintains a competitive, quality golf team.
- Recruits and manages golf student managers.
- Manages activities of members of CACC golf team.
- Advises students and monitors their academic progress.
- Provides academic and career advice to students and promote leadership and enrichment experiences.
- Coordinates and ensures safe and reliable transportation for student athletes.
- Assists in annual student athlete activities and events.
- Plans, organizes, and participates in annual fall and spring student athlete workshops and annual student athlete orientation sessions.
- Enforces college policies and Student Code of Conduct with student athletes.
- Models professional and appropriate behavior at all times to student athletes. Immediately reports any violations of College, ACCC, or NJCAA policy to the Athletic Director.
- Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written is required.
- Two years golf coaching/teaching experience is required.
- Coaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.
- Fundraising experience is required.
- Ability to deal effectively with students, other employees, and the public is required.
- Evidence of experience preparing and managing budgets is required.
- Excellent functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.