- Preferred candidate should possess a valid Washington teaching certificate and be willing to assume a teaching position in a needed teaching area at the coaching site and/or be presently employed within the district (preferred).
- Candidate should have previous coaching experience (preferred).
- Candidate must be able to meet the needs of the school as determined by the principal.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable and competent in coaching theory, techniques and rules for sport assigned.
- Candidate must be able to meet the school’s instructional/coaching schedule needed for assignment.
- Complete all required coaching certifications as well as provide certifications in concussion recognition/response training, first aid and CPR.
- Send information/correspondence to players, parents, and school personnel.
- Conduct orientation programs for parents, athletes, and assistant coaches.
- Work with Athletic Director and/or other coaches to develop non-league schedule and confirm league schedule.
- Develop procedures and establish open communication with parents and athletes to address any issues or concerns related to the team.
- Establish partnerships with local businesses and community.
- Develop positive working relationships with media.
- Provide input on budget priorities and equipment needs as well as support for fundraisers.